CloroxPro is donating GBAC Online Fundamentals Course scholarships as part of a new program to help schools, businesses, hotels, airports, athletic facilities, restaurants, and other public spaces maintain a healthier and safer environment by furthering their cleaning, disinfection, and infection prevention education.
Qualified applicants will receive complimentary access to the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) Fundamentals course—a $300 value—to become a GBAC-Trained Technician.
The GBAC Fundamentals Online Course teaches participants the principles behind infection and contamination control measures for infectious disease outbreak situations such as the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2). The course covers the following:
- Preventative, response, infection control, and contamination control measures to known or potential infectious disease outbreak situations. This section includes emphasis on the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2).
- Importance of proper cleaning and disinfection for health
- GBAC protocol for response and remediation
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE), tools, and equipment
- Cleaners and disinfectants based on the EPA’s Emerging Viral Pathogens Guidance in the United States
- Information specific to international countries
Individuals who successfully complete the course will receive a Certificate of Completion from the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC), a division of ISSA, and can use the term “GBAC-Trained Technician” to distinguish themselves.
This certification brings increased value to recipients’ employers and customers because it demonstrates the recipient’s competence to carry out their responsibilities and his/her commitment to the standards of excellence and continuous learning.
This program is open to both U.S. and Canadian organizations and individuals. Up to five scholarships may be granted to a single enterprise; each cleaning professional must apply individually.
For more information or to register for the program, go to http://go.issa.com/cloroxpro-cleaning-education.